This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Chippewa County, Michigan (U.S.)

Last modified: 2012-03-20 by rick wyatt
Keywords: chippewa county | michigan |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Chippewa County, Michigan] image by Phil Nelson, 18 April 1999

Known Flag - indicates flag is known.
No Known Flag - indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.

Municipal flags in Chippewa County:

See also:

Description of the flag

The circle of the flag encompasses the Chippewa County Courthouse which was first constructed in 1877. The Chippewa County Courthouse is the oldest continuous operating courthouse in the State of Michigan. The Courthouse, on the flag, was drawn by Kathy Pianosi.

The flag was designed by County Treasurer Marilyn McDonald and County Controller Gordon A. Newland. The three colors of the flag represents the following,
(1) maroon - this is for the depth of our county and the richness of our area,
(2) the blue - is for the water which sustains life, and
(3) the sand color - represents the many years of strong agriculture in or area.

The year 1826 indicates the year in which parts of the northern Lower Peninsula were separated from Michillmackinac County and Chippewa became the name of our County.

Phil Nelson, 18 April 1999