Last modified: 2014-06-28 by andrew weeks
Keywords: mniow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in XIV century. In 1590 became the property of the Castellan
of Wieluń - Jakub Gawroński of the Coat of Arms "Rawicz", who build a wooden (larch)
church in 1596, which made Mniów a local administrative and economic center.
In May 1943, the Nazis executed 53 innocent civilians (including 15 children) in revenge for the partizanś attacks on them.
Arms and flag adopted on April 29, 2004 (resolution # 12/XV/04).
"Arms: on the shield divided horizontally into two fields, on the main, gold field there is a maiden sitting on the back of the black bear - it is a charge taken from the noble Coat of Arms "Rawicz" of the Rawita-Gawronski family, owners of Mniów.
The header of the shield, red in color, shows 4 white eagles symbolizing the martryrdom of Saint Stanislaus, patron of the local church.
Flag: A coloristic-tautological rendition of the Arms of the commune.
Ratio of the flag is 5:8."
Designer of the Arms and flag of Mniów is Dr.Jerzy Michta.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Nov 2008