This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hof HaKarmel (Israel)

Mo'atza Ezorit Hof HaKarmel, Regional Council of Hof HaKarmel/Karmel Sea-shore

Last modified: 2015-06-29 by andrew weeks
Keywords: hof hakarmel | karmel | regional council | mo'atza ezorit hof hakarmel | coat of arms (landscape: blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Regional Council of Hof Ha'Karmel (Israel)] 2:3
image by Dov Gutterman
Emblem adopted 29th August 1963

See also:


Regional Council Hof HaKarmel (meaning Carmel Sea-shore) is situated on the Mediterranean coast just south of Haifa, on both sides of the main road between the Carmel Mt. sloops and the sea shore. It was established 2 July 1951 and unites 25 small settlements with 15,000 inh. The council in its session of 2 August 1951 adopted the Regional Council emblem which was chosen by a jury after a contest between residents of the Regional Council. The emblem appears in greenish shade on official papers and in the Regional Council website, however since the unofficial flag that is used by the Regional Council has a blue background it appears on it in white with the Regional Council name below it. The desk flag has a white background and a blue-silver emblem. Source: Letter, desk flag and phone call from Mrs. M. Bobis, Regional Council secretary. I have no official explanation but the emblem shows two ears of wheat (for the agricultural nature of the area), the Carmel Mt. and the sea and an old pillar, probably for Caesarea, an ancient city in the Regional Council's border. Here are scans from the letter and the desk flag.
Dov Gutterman
, 14 August 2001

The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 1031, 29 August 1963.
Dov Gutterman
, 4 September 2001

This Regional Council include since 2003 also the former Local Council of Atlit. The Regional Counci was established on 2 July 1951. Its name derived from the fact that its jurisdiction was on both sides of the main road Haifa - Hadera (now the "old road" or "road no. 4" as the main road moved to Hwy. 2), between the sloops of Mount Karmel and the sea shore.
It include 27 entities (8 Moshav's [Megadim,Geva Karmel, Tzrufa, Kerem Ma'haral, Ofer, Ein Ayala, Dor and Bet Hananya] ,8 Kibbutz's [HaHotrim, Bet Oren, Neve Yam, Ein Karmel, Nakhsholim, Ma'ayan Tzvi, Ma'agan Michael and Sedot Yam] , two Cooperative Moshav's [Nir Etzion and HaBonim], three Communities [Bat Shlomo, Caesarea and Atlit] , four Education Institutes [Meir Shfeya, Kefar Galim, Yemin Ord and Tzvi Sitrin], Artists village [Ein Hod] and Arab village [Ein Khod]). Pop: 20, 500.
Source: <>.
Dov Gutterman, 17 April 2005