Last modified: 2010-11-12 by ivan sache
Keywords: yvelines | saint-lambert |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Saint-Lambert - Image by Ivan Sache, 20 November 1997
Saint-Lambert is a village located in the green valley of
Chevreuse, south-west of Paris. In 1985, 19 municipalities joined the
Parc Naturel Régional de la Haute Vallée de
Chevreuse (Regional Natural Park of the Upper Valley of
Chevreuse), in order to protect the area against anarchic
The churchyard of Saint-Lambert, built near the Romanesque village church, is a tribute to human beings victims of intolerance. A stone cross in the cemetery bears as its only sign A la personne humaine (To the human being). This cross was built in 1944 as a tribute to the victims of the wars of all conditions and religions.
The cemetery also hosts the common grave in which the remains of the nuns of the abbey of Port-Royal were thrown on Louis XIV's order in 1679.
Ivan Sache, 16 July 2003
The city hall of the municipality of Saint-Lambert flies a Tricolore - in a very bad condition with SAINT-LAMBERT written horizontally in golden letters. The flag has a golden fringe.
Ivan Sache, 20 November 1997