This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Waltenheim (Municipality, Haut-Rhin, France)

Last modified: 2012-04-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: haut-rhin | waltenheim | crescent (blue) | crescent (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Waltenheim]

Flag of Waltenheim - Image by Pascal Vagnat, 5 October 2002

See also:

Presentation of Waltenheim

The municipality of Waltenheim (555 inhabitants in 2006; 232 ha, therefore the smallest municipality of Haut-Rhin) is located between Mulhouse, Altkirch, and Basel.

Waltenheim (Walt's house) was first mentioned in 1265. The village belonged to the Seigneury of Landser until 1648, when it was incorporated to France with the rest of Alsace.
Stone quarries were active in Waltenheim in the 19th century. In 1939, during the building of the Maginot Line, 45 golden coins were discovered near Waltenheim. Those coins were dated from the 12th-13th centuries and characterized as Imperial coins from the archbishoprics of Cologne, Trier and Mainz.

Ivan Sache, 5 October 2002

Flag of Waltenheim

The flag of Waltenheim is with with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.

Ivan Sache, 5 October 2002