Last modified: 2016-04-14 by ivan sache
Keywords: monasterio de vega |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Monasterio de Vega (94 inhabitants in 2014; 299 ha; presentation) is located in the extreme north of the Province of Valladolid, on the border with the Province of León, 90 km of Valladolid.
Monasterio de Vega is named for a monastery known since the mid 10th century. In 1532, the monastery was transferred to the Benedictine congregation of Valladolid. King Philip II cancelled the planned suppression of the monastery, which remained under the rule of the Valladolid Benedictines until 1837.
Ivan Sache, 24 February 2015
The flag and arms of Monasterio de la Vega are prescribed by a Decree
adopted on 3 September 2014 by the Municipal Council, signed on the
same day by the Mayor, and published on 10 September 2014 in the
official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 174, p. 62,296 (text).
he symbols, which were designed by Félix Martinez Llorente and validated by the Chronicler of Arms of Castilla y León, are described as follows:
Flag: In proportions 2:3, tierced at hoist and horizontally embattled. The fly panel embattled red (gules) and yellow (or) of seven pieces, with two yellow (or) crosses patty on the dexter and sinister flanks of the red (gules) embattlement, and two red (gules) crosses patty on the dexter and sinister flanks of the yellow (or) embattlement. The third at hoist blue (azure), a staff with a white (argent) abbot's cloth or veil, placed per pale facing the hoist.
Coat of arms: In Spanish shape. Gules (red) a crenelled wall or (yellow) surmounted on both sides with two open towers ensigned with a cross patty on a staff or (yellow), ensigned with an open tower with two houses, one on each flank of the same, or (yellow), open and flanked with a staff argent (white) placed per pale and facing dexter with an abbot's cloth or veil argent (white). The shield surmounted with the Spanish Royal crown.
Ivan Sache, 24 February 2015mailme.html