Last modified: 2015-07-28 by ivan sache
Keywords: arganda del rey | madrid | coat of arms: per pale (st john baptist) | coat of arms: per pale (castle: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (grapes) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Blas Delgado, coat-of-arms from this webpage
The arms were granted on February 10, 1949. The village of Arganda was incorporated into the Royal Estate by King Philip II in 1580, who renamed the village Arganda del Rey. The arms show the royal arms of Castile and St John Baptist, the patron saint.
Blas Delgado, 09 Oct 2001