Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: cabezón de la sierra |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Cabezón de la Sierra - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 12 February 2015
The municipality of Cabezón de la Sierra (48 inhabitants in 2014; 1,983 ha; municipal website) is located in the south of the Province of Burgos, 70 km of Burgos.
Cabezón was first mentioned in a document part of the "Cartulario de Arlanza", signed on 5 September 1166 by King Alfonso VIII. The document also lists Torquemada (lit. the Burned Tower), probably the remains of a tower located in a place known as Trasdelatorre (lit., Beyond the Tower). Other believe that the said tower once stood in the place called San Miguel; anyway, it was mentioned once again, as Turrem Crematam, in a document dated 1172. Other settlements are mentioned in subsequent sources: the Ordinances of the Town of Cabezón (1579) list the chapels of San Miguel, San Pedro and San Felices / Saelices.
Ivan Sache, 12 February 2015
The flag and arms of Cabezón de la Sierra, approved on 23 April 2011 by the Municipal Council, are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 8 July
2011 by the Municipal Council, signed on 13 October 2011 by the Mayor,
and published on 25 October 2011 in the official gazette of the Burgos
Province, No. 204, p. 25 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Rectangular, in proportions 2:3, made of three horizontal stripes, red, white and red, the white stripe being twice higher than the red ones. In the middle is placed the coat of arms, in height 40% of the flag's height.
Coat of arms: Gules a cross voided cantonned first with a wolf rampant, second with a castle, third with a six-pointed star and fourth with a morning star all white. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.
Ivan Sache, 12 February 2015mailme.html