Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: arlanzón |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Arlanzón (429 inhabitants in 2015; 7,774 ha; municipal website) is located 15 km of Burgos. The municipality is made of villages of Arlanzón, Agés, Galarde, Santovenia de Oca, and Zalduendo.
Ivan Sache, 5 March 2015
Santovenia de Oca
Flag of Santovenia de Oca - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 5 March 2015
Santovenia de Oca (presentation) was first mentioned, as Sancte Eugenide de Haggee,
in a document dated 1 April 972. The village then belonged to the
monastery of San Pedro de Cardeña. In 1192, Santovenia was listed
among the villages forming the alfoz of Arlanz@oacute;n. The 1591-1594 records list the village of Santouenia as part of the Merindad de Montes de Oca, ruled by the corregidor of Burgos. Santovenia,
located on a branch of the Way of St. James, once had a pilgrim's
The village is named for its patron saint, St. Eugenia ("Santa Eugenia").
The flag and arms of Santovenia de Oca, approved on 20 November 2009
by the Village Council, are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 26 April
2010 by the Village Council, signed on 4 May 2010 by the Mayor, and
published on 26 May 2010 in the official gazette of the Province of Burgos,
No. 98, p. 19 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Red, Quadrangular, in proportions 1:1. In the center is placed the municipal coat of arms of Santovenia de Oca.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules two palms per saltire the one or the other argent. 2. Or an oak proper on a base vert Grafted in base azure a scallop or. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.
Ivan Sache, 5 March 2015mailme.html