This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Kamp-Lintfort (Germany)

Stadt Kamp-Lintfort, Kreis Wesel, Northrhine-Westphalia

Last modified: 2012-09-06 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: kamp-lintfort | church | globe | hammer and mallet | inescutcheon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Kamp-Lintfort flag] 3:5  image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 17 Jul 2010 See also:

Current Flag

Description of current flag:
The flag's ratio is 3:5. It is a red over white over green horizontal tricolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of the city of Kamp-Lintfort, version 17 September 1999
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 17 Jul 2010

Banner

[Kamp-Lintfort banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Jul 2011

Description of banner:
It is a red - white - green vertcal tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: appendix to 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of the city of Kamp-Lintfort , version 17 September 1999
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Jul 2011

Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a red shield is a white church having three green onion shaped towers with a golden weathercock on top of the central tower. Upon the dexter chief point is a golden(=yellow) inescutcheon showing a blue globe with a golden(=yellow) ring and a coulter of the same colour. Below the church are in black a hammer crossed with a mallet.
Meaning:
According to source the church and the globe are representing the Cistercian order, which had an abbey until 1802. The inescutcheon is based upon the order's old seal. The church is an image of the Western front of the order's baroque church, which had been erected about 1630. Hammer and mallet are the symbols of mining, an important occupation of the local people.
Source: Stadler 1972, p.58
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 17 Jul 2010

The municipalities of Lintfort and Kamp merged in 1934.The coat of arms was approved to the municipality of Kamp-Lintfort in 1949, probably by the Oberpräsident of Rhineprovince. The rights of a city were gained in 1951.


back to Wesel cities and municipalities click here.