Last modified: 2014-03-25 by german editorial team
Keywords: neustadt an der aisch/bad windsheim | uffenheim county | dog | demi-eagle | base | paly(blue-silver) | bannerhead | quartered |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Blue-white-black stripes. The seat of the county is Neustadt upon Aisch.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Linder and Olzog 1996.
Stefan Schwoon, 12 Oct 2001
The former counties of Neustadt an der Aisch, Scheinfeld and Uffenheim merged in 1972 to form the new Neustadt an der Aisch / Bad Windsheim county. The coat of arms was approved on 14 June 1974. The upper dexter part displays the crest - a quartered dog tongued red - of the Margraves of from the Hohenzollern kin. The quartered arms of the Margraves are taken from the former Uffenheim County arms. The paly base is taken from the arms of the Princes of Schwarzenberg and the Lords(?) of Seinsheim. It is taken from the former county arms of Scheinfeld. The eagle is taken from the arms of Uffenheim, the pallets from the arms of Scheinfeld. The demi- eagle is representing the former imperial city of (Bad) Windsheim and is taken from the arms of Uffenheim County.
Sources: Linder and Olzog 1996 and Stadler 1964, pp.80 / 90
Santiago Dotor, 4 Feb 2004
Black-white with the arms in a white bannerhead. Became part of the new Neustadt/Aisch-Bad Windsheim county during the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.90
Stefan Schwoon, 21 Aug 2001
The coat of arms was approved on 18 May 1955. The dexter half shows the quartered shield of the Marggraves of Nürnberg of the Hohenzollern kin, who ruled the largest part of the county until 1806 / 1810. The demi-eagle is taken from the arms of the Imperial city of Windsheim, nowadays Bad Windsheim. The city was a free imperial area until 1803, when it became part of Bavaria.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.90
Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here