Last modified: 2013-04-09 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: ludwigsburg county | eagle(black) | antler |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Black-yellow with the arms shifted to the top.
Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Bardua,1987.
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website: The old arms were granted on 28 January 28 1939. The arms show in the upper part the antlers of Württemberg, as the largest part of the district historically belonged to Württemberg. The eagle is taken from the arms of the city of Markgröningen. The city was an imperial city and the city has the task to protect the Imperial Banner.
This banner was later taken as arms by the city of Ludwigsburg, and the eagle was chosen here as an older symbol. The new arms were granted on 30 August 1974 after the addition of the district of Vaihingen. The only changes were the colours of the eagle.
Literature: Stadler 1964 and Heinz Bardua: "Die Kreis- und Gemeindewappen im Regierungsbezirk Stuttgart" vol. 1, (County and Municipal Arms in the Stuttgart District), Stuttgart, 1987.
Stefan Schwoon, 21 Mar 2001
back to Baden-Württemberg counties and municipalities click here