Last modified: 2013-11-10 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hameln-pyrmont | cross(moline) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The article by Erich Dieter Linder: "Die Flaggen deutscher Landkreise" (Flags of German counties), in Der Flaggenkurier no. 2, 1996, pp. 4-10, shows a hanging flag, format 2:1. A horizontal flag version also exists (according to Falko Schmidt). The colours are taken from the arms, the cross moline from the territory of Pyrmont.
Pyrmont belonged to the principality [since 1918 republic] of Waldeck until it was transferred to the province of Hannover in 1922 by popular vote. Flag approved 30 Nov 1959, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website.
Stefan Schwoon, 2 Feb 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website: The arms were approved on 30 October 1929. The arms show the lion of the Counts of Everstein, who until 1429 ruled most of the county (...). The cross is taken from the arms of the Counts of Schwalenberg, who ruled over Pyrmont until 1494. Later the area was ruled by the
Princes of Waldeck.
Literature: Stadler 1964, p.42
Santiago Dotor, 24 Oct 2001
back to Lower Saxony's Counties and Municipalities click here.