Last modified: 2014-06-28 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hildesheim |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Dec 2007
Flag adopted ?
HILDESHEIM (1946-1977 HILDESHEIM-MARIENBURG)
Additions : 1946 Marienburg, 1978 Alfeld (1932 Gronau)
The arms were granted on 10 October 1946
The arms show in the first and fourth quarter the arms of the former monastery-state of Hildesheim, which owned the larger part of the county. The St. Hubertus deer represents the many woods in the county. The castle in the lower part of the arms symbolises the Marienburg.
The great arms of the district show a helmet on the shield, with as a crest a St. Hubertus deer and the shield surrounded by gold and green oak leaves.
The arms were granted on 1 August 1979.
The eagle in the new arms is derived from the arms of the city of Hildesheim. The deer antler is derived from the arms of the former Alfeld district. The rose is a symbol for the nature in the district. The colours are derived from the arms of the Hildesheim State.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
Source: Ralf Hartemink.