Last modified: 2014-04-01 by german editorial team
Keywords: dillingen/donau county | wertingen county | tierced per fess | lion(golden) | lion(black) | fleur de lis(golden) | bend(yellow) | lion(passant) | lozengy(white-blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Yellow-blue-yellow stripes, Flag and coat-of-arms approved 19 October 1973 The former Dillingen county was enlarged during the 1972 municipal reform with the (previously independent) City of Dillingen and parts of Wertingen County.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from International Civic Arms website, maintained by Ralf Hartemink
Stefan Schwoon, 22 August and 15 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
"The new arms [were granted] on October 19, 1973 [and] show the lion [from the arms of the Counts of Dillingen] of the old arms, combined with the black lion [arms of the Princes of Hohenstaufen] taken from the arms of the former Wertingen County, and the fleur-de-lis [symbol of St. Mary, the patron saint of the diocese of Augsburg] taken from the arms of the city of Dillingen."
Santiago Dotor, 5 February 2004
Yellow-blue-yellow, Coat-of-arms approved 5 July 1956, flag approved 10 April 1967, abolished 30 June 1972.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.26
Stefan Schwoon, 22 Aug 2001
"The former arms were approved on 5 July 1956. (...) The lion and the bend are taken from the arms of the former Counts of Dillingen, who used arms with a lion on both sides of the bar. The lower part shows the arms of the Wittelsbach kin and is symbolizing that a large part of the district historically belonged to the Palatinate and later to
Source: Stadler 1964, p.26
Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003
Black-yellow-blue, Flag and coat-of-arms approved 26 January 1962, abolished 30 June 1972. Wertingen was incorporated into Dillingen County during the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.95
Stefan Schwoon, 29 Aug 2001
"The upper part shows the arms of the Princes of Hohenstaufen, the oldest known rulers in the county. They ruled the whole county until 1268. The lozenges in the middle bar are the arms of the Wittelsbach kin, Dukes and Kings of Bavaria, and successors of the Hohenstaufen family. The lower part shows the arms of the Bishopric of Augsburg, as the Bishops of Augsburg also had several possessions in the county."
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here