Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis marktheidenfeld | marktheidenfeld county | coat of arms: per pale (cross: black) | coat of arms: per fess (per fess dancetty) | coat of arms: per fess (roses: white) | coat of arms: per fess (roses: 3 |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 18th November 1965, abolished 30th June 1972
Black-white-blue, adopted 18.11.1965. The county became part of Main-Spessart county under the 1972 municipal reform, smaller parts went to Miltenberg and Würzburg. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 17 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on November 18, 1965. The arms show the arms of the three main rulers of the area from the Middle Ages until 1803. The cross is the cross of the Teutonic Order, which ruled the area around Stadtprozelten. The points are the arms of the State of Würzburg, the roses are taken from the arms of the Counts of Wertheim.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 18 July 2003