Last modified: 2015-05-10 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: ansbach | bicolour |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
White-green bicolor. Sources: Staack 1997and Stadler 1964-1971.
Stefan Schwoon, 5 March 2001
Colours from the arms. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
Ansbach was already a city in 1221, but when the city rights were granted is not known. The arms are derived from the arms of the Lords of Dornberg, who in the 13th century ruled the city. The oldest seal dates from the early 14th century and shows already a shield with a wavy bend, which is also a canting symbol (Bach = brook). (...) The first-known colours of the arms are a red shield with a white bend. The green colour appears in the 16th century. (...)
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 10 January 2002
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here