This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Comprehensive Municipality of Hage (East Frisia, Germany)

Samtgemeinde Hage, Kreis Aurich, Lower Saxony

Last modified: 2014-01-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hage sg | hage | east frisia | demi-lion | stake dam |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Hage municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Dec 2013
flag of Hage municipality See also:

Comprehensive Municipality of Hage

According to Stefan Schwoon the Comprehensive Municipality (SG) of Hage has no proper flag.

Municipality of Hage

Hage Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
It is a yellow over light-blue horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: municipal webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Dec 2013

Hage Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into blue over gold (= yellow). Above is a golden (= yellow) demi-lion issuant, armed and tongued red. Below is a blue stake dam, a fence.
Since the 14th century a castle of the local Hinkena kin was in the village. The castle was donated to the local church in 1466. Since 1664 Hage was denoted as a market town. The lion is taken from the arms of the Hinkena kin. The fence is a canting element, meaning "hague".
Source: Stadler 1970, p.45

The coat of arms was approved in 1959 by Regierungspräsident Aurich.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Dec 2013

back to Aurich cities and municipalities click here