This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Caconde, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-01-01 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | caconde |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Caconde, SP (Brazil) image by Dirk Schönberger and Ivan Sache, 7 October 2012, 31 December 2012

See also:

About the Flag

The municipal arms on a white field.

Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 7 October 2012

The municipality of Caconde (18,356 inhabitants in 2010; 47,049 ha) is located 300 km of São Paulo.

Caconde originates in the parish of Nossa Senhora da Conceição do Bom Sucesso do Rio Pardo, founded on 2 March 1775 by Father Francisco Bueno de Azevedo. Abandoned in 1820, the place was resettled in the next years, the first mass being celebrated in the new church on 24 December 1824. The municipality of Caconde was established by Law No. 6 of 5 April 1864 and inaugurated on 21 January 1865. - Municipal website

Photos of the flag:
Ivan Sache, 31 December 2012