This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Areiópolis, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-03-21 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | areiópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Areiópolis, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 13 March 2013

See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Areiópolis (10,581 inhabitants in 2010; 8,595 ha) is located 275 km of São Paulo.

Areiópolis was founded in 1893, when Joaquim Ignácio de Oliveira Gois and his brother in law Antônio Gonçalves da Silva offered a piece of land located on the left bank of river Areia Branca (White Sand) around the chapel of the Holy Cross. The newly established settlement, named Vila de Areia Branca, was renamed Areiópolis in 1906. The district of Areiópolis, part of the municipality of São Manuel, was established by State Law No. 1,569 of 3 December 1917. The municipality of Areiópolis was established by State Law No. 5,285 of 18 February 1959 and inaugurated on 1 January 1960. - Municipal website

The flag of Areiópolis is blue with a white-red-white cross. In the middle of the flag is placed a white lozenge charged with the municipal coat of arms.

Photos of the flag
Ivan Sache, 12 March 2013