Last modified: 2012-02-10 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | alto feliz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger, 22
Diagonally divided per bend sinister, blue-white-green, with the municipal arms centred.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 22 December 2011
The municipality of Alto Feliz (2,964 inhabitants in 2007; 79.2 sq. km) is
located in the Porto Alegre Metropolitan Area, 70 km from the state capital.
Alto Feliz was founded by German colonists from Colönia Feliz, created in 1846. The original German name of the new settlement, Obern Feliz, was subsequently translated to Portuguese as Alto Feliz (Upper Feliz). The municipality of Alto Feliz was founded on 20 March 1992 by State Law No. 9,623.
The municipal symbols (coat of arms, flag and anthem) are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 85 of 29 September 1994. The flag and arms were designed by Rosa Maria Accorsi Lang.
Ivan Sache, 7 January 2012