This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Campbelltown (NSW, Australia)

Last modified: 2015-08-07 by ian macdonald
Keywords: campbelltown |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[City of Campbelltown flag] image by Jens Pattke, 18 June 2015

See also:

Description of the Flag

The City of Campbelltown is a local government area in the south west of the Sydney metropolitan area. Settlements at Campbelltown and Ingleburn were founded by Governor Macquarie in 1820. Campbelltown has grown to become a regional centre for south-western Sydney. The municipality was created in 1882, merged with Ingleburn in 1949, and was designated a City in 1968.

The city flag (see is white with council's corporate logo accompanied by the text "campbelltown city council" in black. The logo is made up of a green leaf shape positioned vertically, representing the area's bushland, a blue arch at the bottom (meeting the green at the bottom right) as a symbol of water, particularly the Georges River, and a red shape, taken from the red mural crown of the City's arms, and also forming a downwards pointing 'C' for Campbelltown City Council. The blue and green curves spread apart from each other towards the top left of the logo, symbolising wide open spaces. The logo as a whole takes on an active human form, in reference to sporting nature and the legend of Fishers Ghost. The logo and the older heraldic emblems of the City can be seen at the city website,

The colours are intended to reflect the environment, heritage and local landscape. They are specified in the Corporate Communications policy at> as follows:

Leaf Green: Pantone 582
CMYK: C:22, M:9, Y:100, K:39
RGB: R:135, G:136, B:0

Navy Blue: Pantone 655
CMYK: C:100, M:80, Y:12, K:63
RGB: R:0, G:32, B:78

Burgundy: Pantone 202
CMYK: C:10, M:97, Y:61, K:48
RGB: R:130, G:36, B:51
Jonathan Dixon, 17 July 2015