Last modified: 2015-05-16 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: córdoba | provincia de córdoba | embalse | cruz del eje | campillo | del campillo | etruria | villa nueva | alejandro roca | roca (alejandro) | arias | los surgentes | la puerta | villa dolores | freyre | san francisco | hernando | ja |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The Province of Córdoba is administratively divided in 26 departments. Inside each department there are a different number of municipalities of two kinds: municipio for the bigger ones and comuna for the smaller ones. In total the province has 428 municipalities.
Francisco Gregoric, 20 Apr 2008
The municipality of Embalse (15,400 inhabitants in 2010) is located in Calamuchita Valley, 100 km south of Córdoba Province.
Embalse (lit., Reservoir) is located near the bigger man-made lake (5,600 ha) established in Córdoba Province. The date of foundation of the town is 10 December 1911, the day when Exequiel Ramos Mejías, Minister of Civil Engineering, laid down the cornerstone of the dam on river Tercero. Built by the English company in charge of the Argentine Central Railways to protect the railways from flooding, the dam was abandoned in 1917. Engineers Juan Carlos Alba Posse and Santiago Enrique Fitz Simon were commissioned to revamp and increase the dam; it took nearly ten years (1927 to 1936) to achieve the project. The dam is 50 m in height and 360 m in width; a tower of 40 m in height supplies water to a 15,000 hp power plant. The dam's overflow outlet is 300 m in width.
The flag of Embalse is vertically divided blue-green with a half sun in the middle.
The blue half represents the lake and the sky, while the green part represents the natural environment.
The sun represents the nation and the features of the main activities of Embalse: production of energy.
The flag was selected among 25 proposals submitted to a public contest open to the town's pupils and students. The six designs proposed by Lorena Matar, María Laura Luján, the Embalse Volunteer Firefighters Cadets, Loana Torres, Eric Flores and Esther Gil were short-listed. The design by Loana Torres - 8 years old - was eventually proclaimed the new flag of Embalse.
Ivan Sache, 10 Aug 2013
The municipality of Cruz del Eje (30,680 inhabitants in 2010) is located in the northwest of the Córdoba Province, 150 km from Córdoba City.
Cruz del Eje is of unknown precise origin, its foundation being related by different local legends.
A first legend is related by the poet Ataliva Herrera (1888-1953) in the poem "Bamba" (1933), part 5; the poet describes the single combat between Captain Tristán de Allende and Cacique Olayón, which ended with the simultaneous death of the two fighters. The event, reported in several chronicles kept in the historical archives of the Córdoba Province, was commemorated by the erection of a cross.
The second legend was published under the pseudonym "Namúm Curá" in the newspaper "Los Principios", 6 September 1927. The author relates the sad death of the merchant Tomás lturrilicoechea in a cart accident. The merchant fell down on the head and broke his neck after an axlet ("eje") of his cart had broken down.
According to the historian Juan Carlos Lozada Echenique, the name of the town, undoubtedly, refers to a cross made of cart's axlets. There is no hint, however, on whom may have decided to erect the cross.
The town of Cruz del Eje was not founded from scratch; it was progressively established by descendants of the Spanish colonists who owned estates near Siguiman and San Marcos. Other colonists came from Punilla and another few more from the town of Córdoba.
On 2 September 1735, Francisco de Baigorrí asked to Juan de Armaza y Arregui, Governor of Tucumán, the concession of the lands "commonly known as Cruz del Eje". Judge Estanislao de Toledo Pimentel signed the act of property on 22 September 1735. These are the first documents mentioning Cruz del Eje as a specific territory.
Cruz del Eje is the birth town of the singer Jairo (b. 1949 as Mario Rubén González), performer of more than 500 songs in Spanish, French and Italian.
The Department of Cruz del Eje was established by the Provincial Decree of 15 July 1856, seceding from Punilla. The Department is made of the municipalities of Soto (1888), Serrezuela (1925), San Marcos (1953) and Cruz del Eje (4 June 1890).
The Bishopric of Cruz del Eje was established on 12 August 1963.
The flag of Cruz del Eje is prescribed by Municipal Ordinance No. 1,382 of 2 April 1999.
The flag is horizontally divided olive green-white-sky blue. In the middle of the flag is placed a yellow sun superimposed with a brown map of the department charged with a yellow triangle.
White is the colour of cotton. The yellow triangle represents the location of the town of Cruz del Eje in the department of the same name.
Ivan Sache, 06 Jan 2014
The Municipality of Del Campillo has a population of 3,155 and is part of Department of General Roca in Province of Cordoba, Argentina. Its flag is shown on the municipal website.
Valentin Poposki, 27 May 2007
Bright green, the colour of the flag's background, represents the
greenness of the fertile fields, which are abundant in our region. The
wheat ears, below the emblem, represent the valuable crops of the
region; the bovine's head, at the emblem's right, represents cattle-
breeding, the main source of income for the inhabitants; the horse's
head, at the emblem's left, reflects the tradition of the gauchos.
In the middle of the flag, the proper shield of the municipality is
placed on a white halo to increase its luminosity and splendour. It
represents Del Campillo located in the Córdoba Province, therefore the
shape of the shield is the same as for the provincial coat of arms.
The background of the shield, with the national colours, identifies
Del Campillo as part of Argentina. The shield is crossed by two
spears, recalling the Pampas, the first inhabitants of the region, men
and women who rambled through the desert at their own will, like all
men living in compliance with their best dreams. Over the spears, in
the middle, a disk argent; the disk, as the Italian model of shield
shape, evokes immigration that transformed the desert into a working
force. Argent is a symbol of humility, frankness, purity and
integrity, the virtues that were, are, and will be the ideal of the
inhabitants. The natives and the immigrants are synthetized in the
name of the settlement, Del Campillo. On the field argent, a sun or,
considered as a celeste emblem representing aspiration to future,
justice, dignity, sovereignty, and purity, emerges from a cropped
field, symbolizing agriculture and cattle-breeding. On its side stands
a tree representing loyalty and felicity, flanked by a mill, an
element characteristic of the landscape representing the domination of
nature by man. The landscape is dominated by a tractor, symbol of work
Ivan Sache, 12 Aug 2013
The municipality of Etruria (3,788 inhabitants in 2001) is located in the south of the Córdoba Province, 200 km from Córdoba City and 60 km from Villa María.
Etruria originates in the establishment of the small village of Pueblo Soria on the estate owned by Bernabé Soria. The Etruria railway station, built on the Villa María-Rufino line, was inaugurated on 25 October 1890.
The municipality of Etruria was established east of the station on 17 May 1893 by Santiago Díaz.
The flag of Etruria is prescribed by Ordinance No. 382 of 22 April 1986, promulgated by Decree No. 19 of 23 April 1996.
The flag, designed by Luisa Corletti, is quartered blue-red-blue-red by a light blue-white-light blue cross. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms over a brown cross.
Ivan Sache, 10 Jan 2014
The municipality of Villa Nueva (18,818 inhabitants in 2010) is located in the center of the Córdoba Province. Together with the adjacent town of Villa María, it forms the entity known as Greater Villa María or Villa María - Villa Nueva (98,169 inh.).
Villa Nueva is of unknown exact origin, since the Act and Decree of foundation of the town have been lost. The settlement appears to have emerged on plots offered in October 1826 by Apolinario Carranza, Juan Bautista Carranza, José del Tránsito Carranza, Hilarión Carranza, Renovato de las Casas, Martín Abaca, León Correa and Benito Correa. The provincial government appointed Ramón Roldán to survey the new settlement.
The new settlement was named Villa Nueva (New Town) for the sake of differentiation from the neighbouring Villa Vieja (Old Town). Originally named Villa Nueva la del Paso de Ferreyra, the town was renamed Villa Nueva del Rosario, and, eventually, in 1836, Villa Nueva.
The flag of Villa Nueva, designed by Zunilda Carmen Barrera, is prescribed by Municipal Resolution No. 1,475 of 27 September 2005.
The flag is quartered per saltire, 1. White charged with "VILLA" in black letters, 2. Blue a yellow rising sun, 3. white charged with "NUEVA" in black letters, 4. Green border dark blue on the left and brown on the right, charged with smaller light green rectangles.
The upper quarter shows the heavens as a symbol of spirituality and purity and a rising sun as the biggest source of life.
The two triangles contrast with the colour of the heavens and recall with it the colours of the national flag.
In the lower quarter, the blue stripe represents river Ctalamochita, while the brown stripe represents the Royal Trail. They converge into the center of the flag, representing the town lit by the sun, watered by the river and served by the trail. The green triangle represents the pampas within which the town is located. The small rectangles represent the map of Villa Nueva, reflecting in a scattered pattern the constant growth of a urbanized and united settlement.
Ivan Sache, 06 Jan 2014
The Municipality of Alejandro Roca is located in the Department of Juarez Celman in the Province of Cordoba, Argentina.
Its flag is shown and described on the municipal website.
Valentin Poposki, 17 Dec 2007
The book represents education, the huts represent industry, the
tractor represents work, and the field represents agriculture. The
arrows pointing upwards represent the expansion of Alejandro Roca.
Celeste blue is the colour of the Argentine flag. The yellow colour of
the circle in the middle represents force and hope. The purple colour
of the arrows represents social rise.
The flag was designed by Mónica Gabriela Oggero.
Ivan Sache, 13 Aug 2013
Arias municipality is in Department of Marcos Juarez in the Province of Cordoba, Argentina. It has population of 6,928 according to Census 2001.
Valentin Poposki, 06 Feb 2008
The municipality of Los Surgentes (3,366 inhabitants in 2008) is located in the Marcos Juárez Department, 300 km south-east of Córdoba City, close to the border with the Santa Fe Province.
Los Surgentes emerged, as "Pueblo Carlos Sauberán", around a railway station (Rosario-Córdoba line) built on a plot owned by Carlos Sauberán (emigrated from France in 1884, died in 1933), whose name ("Estación Los Surgentes") was approved in 1910 by Ezequiel Ramos Mexía, Minister of the National Public Works. In 1911, Sauberán purchased from his two partners, Luis Saffores and Pedro Capdevielle, the whole land they had jointly bought in 1903. Sauberán asked the railway company to merge the "Estación Los Surgentes" and "Pueblo Carlos Sauberán" into a single one, which was renamed "Los Surgentes". This name, lit. "The Springings Up", comes from intermittent wells springing up from time to time from the aquifer. The official foundation date of the municipality is 4 November 1911, Sauberán being its first Mayor (1911-1920).
The Papagayos Mount, aka Chañarcillo de Los Loros, is located on the municipal territory of Los Surgentes. On 26 August 1810, the leaders of the monarchist May Counter-Revolution (Viceroy Santiago de Liniers, Governor of Córdoba Gutiérrez de la Concha, Victorino Rodríguez, Colonel Santiago Alejo de Allende and Joaquín Moreno). A local legend says that someone engraved on the tree used for the shooting the letters C.L.A.M.O.R. (lit., "scream"), standing for Gutiérrez de la *C*oncha, *L*iniers, *A*llende, *M*oreno, *O*rellana and *R*odríguez.
The flag of Los Surgentes is horizontally divided light blue-white-light blue. In the middle an orange Latin cross reaching the upper edge of the flag, superimposed with a white book outlined in green and charged with the black cursive writing "Los Surgentes / Córdoba" and surrounded by two ripe wheat spikes on each side.
The flag was designed by Enzo Mansilla, Lucas Rossi and Elías Juárez, alumni (1st Year "A") at the I.P.D.P.E.C. ("instituto Presbiterio 'Emilio Castoldi'), winners of the "Bandera sin Fronteras" (Flags without Frontiers) contest held in July 2006.
The main colors of the flag are those of the Argentine national flag. The orange cross symbolizes evangelisation and the presence of the Catholic faith in the municipality. The open book represents the significance of culture and education for the municipality; green symbolizes the flag designers' institute. The wheat spikes represent agriculture as the main source of income in the region and recalls that wheat was one of the first grain crops introduced in the local plains by the first settlers.
Ivan Sache, 19 Mar 2011
The municipality of Río Cuarto (155,991 inhabitants in 2008, therefore
the 2nd most populous town in the province; 64.25 sq. km) is located
in southern Córdoba Province, 220 km of Córdoba. The town is watered
by the river of the same name, also known as Chocancharava.
Río Cuarto was founded on 11 November 1786, as Concepción del Río Cuarto (according to the Municipal Constitution, the longer name has the same official status as the shorter one), by Marquis Rafael de Sobremonte, Governor of Córdoba, and granted the title of Royal Town on 12 April 1797. A peace treaty signed with cacique Carriplum allowed the town to develop peacefully until 1820.
The Command of the Córdoba South Border was established in Río Cuarto in 1832. The railway station, inaugurated 1875 allowed access to the ports of Rosario and Buenos Aires, boosting the economic development of the town.
The Río Cuarto National College, founded in 1912, was transformed in 1971 into the Río Cuarto National University.
The flag of Río Cuarto, designed by Marcelo Babini, is prescribed by Municipal Ordinance No. 777 of 9 November 2005.
The flag is horizontally divided green-white by a thin wavy blue line of height 1/13 of the flag's hoist. In canton is placed an historical livestock brand, in proportions 3:4.
The blue wavy line represents the river and its meanders, the origin of the town.
The green stripe represents the humid plains, the base of the regional economy.
The white field represents peace, spirituality, religious feeling, and life.
The emblem represents the livestock brand of the Command of the Córdoba South Border, used in 1820 and preserved in the Córdoba Provincial Archives. The brand is canting, being made of letter "R" and numeral "4" - Río Cuarto (lit., 4th River) was named so by the Spanish explorers since it was the fourth river they found in Córdoba Province.
The flag was selected in a public contest, among 766 proposals. The flag was hoisted for the first time on 11 November 2005.
Ivan Sache, 11 Aug 2013
The municipality of La Puerta (1,943 inhabitants in 2001) is located in the northeast of the Cordoba Province, 125 km from Córdoba City.
The flag of La Puerta is vertically divided celeste blue-white-green with a black "quebracho blanco"* in the middle.
The flag was inaugurated on 16 December 2012 during the celebration of the 102nd anniversary of the foundation of the town.
The vertical division of the flag is associated with force, permanence, safety and confidence. Celeste blue and white are the colours of the national flag and of the cloak of the Blessed Virgin of the Assumption, the town's patron saint. Green is the colour of the natural environment and of the growing cereals used to feed people. The tree is represented with erected trunk, six main branches arranged in an almost symmetrical pattern, and other smaller, secondary branches. It symbolizes robustness, elegance and kindness. The baseline means that the tree has deep local roots. The tree is the silent witness of the history of La Puerta, his wood having been used in cola mining. Black refers to coal.
*_Aspidosperma quebracho-blanco_ Schltdl. is a tree native to central and northern Argentina, southeastern Bolivia, western Paraguay and western Uruguay.
Ivan Sache, 17 Jan 2014
The municipality of Villa Dolores (31,193 inhabitants) is located in the west of the Cordoba Province, on the border with the San Luis Province, 190 km of the provincial capital.
The municipality was founded on 21 April 1853. The founding Decree prescribed the new settlement to be founded on the northern bank of the Willows' River. However, the settlement was moved on the southern bank of the river, where the environment would be more suitable, by a Decree signed on 4 January 1854. The new settlement was inaugurated on 27 January 1856 and named Villa Dolores for the Our Lady of Sorrows [Dolores] chapel already built there.
The Poets' International Meeting "Oscar Guiñazú Álvarez" has been celebrated in Villa Dolores in October every year since 1962. Born in Candelaria in the neighboring San Luis Province, Guiñazú (1916-1996) studied and then worked in Villa Dolores, where he organized the first Poets' Meeting in 1962, made an international event in 1968.
The flag of Villa Dolores is prescribed by Decree No. 1,948, adopted on 7 July 2008 by the Municipal Council, as follows:
The municipality of Alicia (2,758 inhabitants in 2001) is located in the east of Córdoba Province, 190 km of Córdoba.
The flag of Alicia was designed by Fabricio Juan Mina, winner of a public contest organized in 2013 by the Culture Commission.
The flag is horizontally divided white-green. In the middle is placed an emblem made of a 26-ray sun surrounded in its upper half by eight blue stars and in its lower part by two wheat spikes. Beneath is inscribed the year "1913", in white.
White represents dairy industry while green represents the fields. The emblem alludes to the date of foundation of the town, 26 [rays] August [8 stars] 1913.
The wheat spikes represent agriculture, a source of increase and movement at the time of harvest.
The sun and the stars refer to day and night, to the fields, and to the dairy and agricultural industries, which are the force of the town and of the region, which dedicate the 24 hours of the day to these tedious tasks.
Ivan Sache, 17 Jan 2015
The municipality of Freyre (5,906 inhabitants in 2001) is located in the San Justo Department, 240 km west of Córdoba City.
Freyre originates in the parish of Plaza Freyre, established on 9 September 1886 by José Bernardo Iturraspe on a piece of land purchased in 1883, together with Antonio Agrelo, from Crisólogo Oliva. Iturraspe named the place for his mother, Carmen Freyre.
Originally located some 3.5 km form the today's town, the settlement was moved near the railway station inaugurated in 1891.
José Bernardo Iturraspe (1847-1906) founded several places in the Córdoba (San Francisco, Iturraspe, Freyre, Amalia, Luís Sauce, El Chañar, and Quebracho Herrado) and Santa Fe (San Vicente, Gálvez, Alcorta, La Pelada, Soledad, San Jorge, Sastre, Angélica, Margarita, Eustolia, Concepción, Ortiz, Ambrachito, Cayastá, La Picaza, Bossi, Colonizador de Córdoba, Nueva Ceres...) Iturraspe was Mayor of Santa Fe in 1898 and Governor of the Santa Fe Province in 1902.
The flag of Freyre is vertically divided blue-white blue with three green stars forming a triangle in the middle, a green horizontal stripe at the top and a red horizontal stripe at the bottom. Designed by Maria Verónica Martínez, the flag was inaugurated on 9 September 2012 during the celebration of the 126th anniversary of the foundation of the town.
Celeste blue, together with white, represents the sports identity of Freyre, being the colors of the jersey of Club Atlético "9 de Julio Olímpico". Blue is also the color of the cloak of the Blessed Virgin, Our Lady of the Rosary being the patron saint of the town. Blue represents the immensity of the sky; it also recalls the flag of the Córdoba Province and of Argentina. The popular tradition claim that blue symbolizes generosity, which is found in the natural environment as wall as in the institutions and inhabitants of Freyre.
White, beyond the sports identify represented together with blue, is a symbol of diary production, a main source of local income. White also symbolizes peace as a state of tranquillity and safe common life aspired to by the community of Freyre, such good relations between people being characteristic of a small town.
The green and red stripes recall the Italian origin of several local families. The colors of the Italian flag also celebrates the partnership with Barge, initiated 15 years ago. Green also represents pastures and farm works. It is also a symbol of hope, representing life and the renovating potential of the youth.
Red, moreover, allows the integration of the flag with the coat of arms of Freyre and with the recently adopted flag of the Córdoba Province. The popular tradition claims that red symbolizes strength, strong-mindedness, energy and value; in heraldry, it symbolizes valor and courage, suitable to represent the inhabitants of the place.
The three green stars represent the three cooperatives operating on the municipal territory, "Manfrey Cooperativa de Tamberos de Comercialización e Industrialización Limitada", "Cooperativa Agrícola, Ganadera y de Consumo Freyre Limitada", and "Cooperativa de Provisión de Servicios Públicos de Freyre Limitada". The cooperative system is an historical characteristic of Freyre and the origin of its growth. The three stars form a triangle, representing a pine as an allegory of the cooperativist system.
The flag was selected in the public contest "Creación de la Bandera de Freyre". On 30 July 2012, the jury shortlisted two proposals. A Honour was awarded to the local artist Raúl Rolando, whose proposal did not comply with all the requirements of the contest; accordingly, the jury preferred the design proposed by Maria Verónica Martínez, requiring minor modifications of one of the colours. Would the author accept themodification, the flag would become the official flag of Freyre.
Ivan Sache, 02 Oct 2012
The municipality of San Francisco (59,163 inhabitants in 2002, mostly of Italian [Piedmont] or Spanish origin), capital of the San Justo Department, is located in northeastern Córdoba Province, on the border with the Santa Fe Province.
San Francisco was founded on 9 September 1886 by José Bernardo Iturraspe. The settlement that thrived around the railway station built in 1888, was granted the status of "ciudad" in 1915.
The flag of San Francisco is prescribed by Municipal Ordinance No. 4,858 of 3 October 2000, promulgated by Municipal Decree No. 550 of 10 October 2000. The flag was designed by Mauro Codini, winner of the public contest prescribed by Ordinance No. 4,814.
The flag is white with the municipal coat of arms near the fly, representing the geographical location of San Francisco in central eastern Argentina. The two wavy celeste blue stripes placed below the shield represent Argentina. The six orange flames placed along the hoist represent the inhabitants of San Francisco.
The coat of arms of San Francisco is prescribed by Municipal Ordinance No. 526 of 9 September 1936; it was designed for the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the foundation of the town.
The shield is tierced per fess. The upper part is "steel blue" with a golden twelve-cogged wheel, representing industry. The middle part is white with a "stone grey" tower symbolizing the moral strength of the people and a fortress, recalling the old struggle against barbary. The tower is similar to the one shown on the coat of arms of the Córdoba Province. The tower is flanked by four bees proper, symbolizing work.
The lower part is blue with three wheat spikes, representing agriculture, the origin of the colony. The shield has a golden border, inscribed on top "CIUDAD DE SAN FRANCISCO", charged on the lateral sides with interlaced laurel leaves, the universal symbol of glory and prosperity.
Ivan Sache, 29 May 2012
Flag of the Municipality of Hernando in the Province of Cordoba, Argentina.
Valentin Poposki, 24 Jun 2006
The flag of Hernando was selected in a public contest prescribed in
2004 by Decree No. 82, based on a suggestion by Rotary Club Hernando.
The flag was designed by Carlos Boero, José Ciardelli, Alvaro
Deulofeu, Alejandro Llanes and Fernando Palmieri, from Institute Pablo
The flag was blessed and inaugurated on 19 March 2005.
The red stripe represents the coat of arms of Hernando. The celeste blue and white stripes symbolize the national flag.
The half sun, with 13 rays, of orange-yellow colour, represents light, heat and the source of life and energy.
The coat of arms of Hernando was designed on 25 May 1982 by Raúl Haedo. Its red background recalls the colour of the coat of arms of Córdoba Province.
Ivan Sache, 13 Aug 2015
The municipality of James Craik (5,110 inhabitants in 2010) is located in the center of the Córdoba Province, 110 km from Córdoba City and 35 km from Villa María.
James Craik originates in a settlement established near Lake Chañar. Following the building of a railway station, the town was moved 7 km north from its original site. The settlement was named James Craik in 1910, as a tribute to the British engineer who managed in 1881 the Argentine Central Railways Co. The Milkman's Monument, a statue inaugurated on 3 July 1999, recalls that diary is the main source of income in the region.
The flag of James Craik is horizontally divided blue-white-red. The white stripe is made of a parallelogram bordered at hoist by a blue right-angled triangle and at fly by a red right-angles triangle. The white parallelogram is charged with a green branch of chañar* surrounded by two yellow sons.
The flag was designed by Gladys Comba de Caballero.
Blue is the colour of the sky and of the national flag. Red is a symbol of passion and love of our settlement. White is a symbol of peace; also representing the political party that once ruled the town, white is associated on the flag to red, representing the party that currently rules the town. The two suns, also shown on the municipal coat of arms, represent the two brooks [Totoralejo and Azna] ["running from sunrise to sundown "de sol a sol", lit. from sun to sun] that water the town. The branch of chañar* recalls the original name of the town, Chañares.
*_Geoffroea decorticans_ (Gillies ex Hook. & Arn.) Burkart, aka Chilean palo verde, is a small deciduous tree found in Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Bolivia.
Ivan Sache, 10 Jan 2014
The municipality of Tancacha (5,184 inhabitants in 2011) is located in Tercero Arriba Department, in the center of Córdoba Province, 15 km of Río Tercero and 130 km of Córdoba City.
Tancacha was established in 15 October 1913, the day of inauguration of the local railway station. The town was named for the native words "tankay", "a jostle", and "kancha", "an enclosed are", referring to a local game that opposed two bands pushing each other. A local legend claims that the place was indeed named for the cacique Tancacho, who fought for years against the colonizers; the English engineers who built the railway appear to have eventually changed the name of the place from Tancacho to Tancacha.
The flag of Tancacha is prescribed by Municipal Decree No. 1 of 1 January 2013, shed in the official municipal gazette No. 140, January-February 2013.
The flag is vertically divided green-celeste blue-red, the stripes being separated by a small white line. The blue stripe is charged with a yellow disk crossed by a blue and white arrow pointing upwards.
Green represents the fertile soil, suitable for agriculture, the main source of income for the place.
Celeste blue represents the Argentine flag and our fatherland.
Red represents the coat of arms of Tancacha, as well as our immigrants, being a colour shown on the flags of Spain, Italy and most of their countries of origin.
The yellow disk represents the rising sun, a symbol of a powerful village. It is pierced by an arrow identifying the natives, the first genuine inhabitants of this land.
The white parallel lines represents the FFCC railway lines and the Tancacha station, whose inauguration on 15 October 1913 marked the official foundation of the place.
The Decree states that the flag originally adopted in 2003 by Decree No. 185 was no longer used in the town. Accordingly, the Executive commissioned the Department of Design of Córdoba National University to revamp the flag, "in compliance with the five basic principles of vexillology" and "keeping the original spirit of the flag designed in 2003".
The coat of arms of Tancacha is a tribute to the aforementioned cacique. On 2 June 1965, the Directorate of Genealogy and Heraldry, seated in Buenos Aires, acknowledged reception to Francisco García, Secretary General of the Chamber of Commerce of Tancacha and initiator of the design of the coat of arms, of the proposal of coat of arms submitted on 3 May 1965, stating: "The proposed design was approved by the Heraldry College, with the following description and explanation:
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.